Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Visit From Auntie Jamie and Uncle Tim

Here I am with my Auntie Jamie.

























Auntie Jamie and Uncle Tim have been visiting with us from Madison, WI.

They stayed with us for a whole week. We had so much fun when they were here. I showed them all of my best tricks. They were amazed at what a laid back and happy baby I am.

Auntie Jamie thought it was cool that I like books so much. Mom told her which ones are my favorites. . . the Baby Einstein books of course! Although there are a few other books that I like equally well. Mom likes "Hippos Go Berserk" by Sandra Boyton. . .but I just don't think the pictures in that book are colorful enough.

Oh, and thanks to me - Auntie Jamie is now a huge fan of Baby Einstein videos. Baby Neptune is her favorite.

Emily took care of me this week while my daycare was closed. Emily is going to school to be a nurse and she is on summer break right now. We had lots of fun. Emily's favorite Baby Einstein video is Baby Beethoven. That used to be my favorite too, but now I like Baby Neptune and Baby DaVinci.

Mom really misses having her sister around all the time and I can tell already that they are going to have to visit more often.

Update on my life in general:
My sprained arm healed very quickly and I was already back to high-speed crawling by Tuesday evening. The little virus sores I had around my mouth are almost gone. Mom thinks that maybe I had a reaction to tomatos, so no more tomatos for this guy for awhile.

My third tooth is coming in. You can see it now. I am drooling a lot and I have been a little cranky, but not too bad.

I am developing quite a little opinion though and when Mom or Dad says "NO!" and I don't get my way, I throw a little baby fit. Mom and Dad don't buy it. They just wait until I am ready to play again. They also try not to laugh at me.

I am also very interested in climbing up the stairs. Mom and Dad are going to need to get a baby gate this week.

My favorite foods are raspberries and blackberries. Mom doesn't like to let me feed them to myself because I make a HUGE mess. But sometimes I am too quick and grab one while she's not looking.

I am also starting to do some sign back to mom. I can do "all done" and "food/eat".

No comments: