Sunday, April 08, 2007

Beach Weekend







Here are some photos from our weekend at the beach. We all had a great time.

I had to walk all around the beach house when we got there, to make sure that I remembered everything. I had to tell Mom and Dad all about the hot stove and the fan and avery's water. Here is a photo Mom took while I was telling her that these are grandma and grandpa's books and not to touch them.






And here are grandpa's binoculars. You aren't supposed to touch those either.










I walked and walked and walked and walked all over the yard...I had to check out EVERYTHING. Friday night I walked around the yard in the rain. I was very interested in the frog pond, but we didn't find any frogs in it. Much to Mom's relief, I managed to stay out of the pond itself...but the grass was so wet that it didn't really matter much because I was still soaked.








Mom read me lots of books at the beach.





















Some of my favorite books right now are:


Where the Wild Things Are (I have been really into this book for awhile now. Every time I see it I say "Why-o Why" wild things.)
The Giving Tree (This is one of the books Mom reads to me before I go to sleep)

Little Critter's My Special Friend (in this book, Little Critter's friend gives him a cookie, so every time I see this book I say: cooook keee)


Six Dinner Sid (This is a book about a black cat like Kali that eats six different dinners at six different houses)




On Friday we listened to cds on the stereo. We did lots of dancing. I got really serious when one song came up. Hurt-Johnny Cash. I just stood and swayed to the music. Then after a while I had to go over to the stereo and figure out where this man was singing. I stared for a long time. Looked left, looked right, checked around the back. I just couldn't figure it out. That sure was a pretty song.




I played with my hammering bench. I am getting really good at it.

On Saturday, after a morning of talking and tickling...we all went to Westport to do some exploring.










I wore my hat and sunglasses because it was a very sunny day...and just a little chilly.








We had ice cream and everyone shared with me! Mom's tasted the best (honey cinnamon).














Chelsea rode with me in the backseat. It is so fun to have someone to ride with.















2 comments:

Charlie and Doreen Barnhart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlie and Doreen Barnhart said...

Papa Charlie think Colton glasses are "REALLY COOL" and he wishes he had a pair just like them. Colton is the cutest!!!! We miss him (and Mom & Dad) terribly.